Re: Fedora 8 Test Update: mock-0.8.8-1.fc8

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 03:17 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
So your point is that you feel the community really needs to have list
setup
such as below?
fedora-test-updates-list
fedora-test-release-list
fedora-devel-list

all of which relate to testing and development issues for packages not
yet
released...

Just having the announcements split off to another list hardly suits
your needs
either given your feelings above and not wanting to know anything
about updates
and discussion of them.

Actually, I believe there is discussion going on (devel-list maybe?)
about disbanding the test-list and moving all discussions to devel-list
anyway.

I won't be joining it. Not entirely related to this, I'm reflecting on my membership of fedora-list, I find I'm spending too much time on it.

So if there's no list for discussing pending new releases and I find fedora-list takes more of my time than I wish to spend, how/where then do I participate?

Now, upon whether that happens or not, if it does, there is already a
fedora-package-announce list for official updates.  Either there is a
separate one for test-updates, or they too will also move to devel-list
and you'll need to specify more in your filters to help separate the
emails on conversion vs announcements, as I have.

I guess it all comes down to, what is easier to use/maintain in all of
this, fewer lists and just setup filters to get through them easier, but
more traffic?  Or more lists, less traffic, but also more things to
admin, take care of, and watch on the hosting side?  Lots of things to
consider?

Put it all in one list. I'll get my coat and leave. I want less mail, not more.

Really, there's not much ongoing maintenance for a list, it's more related to volume (and class of user) than the number of lists, and sharing the workload is easier if there are more units to share around.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait