Re: Fedora 8 Test Update: mock-0.8.8-1.fc8

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:57:05 -0500 (EST)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  i'm sure there's a reason for this, but why is the fedora *test*
list being used as an announcement list for regular release updates?
i subscribed to the test list because it was the official forum for
***test*** releases.  and until there's another test release, i would
have thought there'd be little or no traffic on this list.

  why can't there be another list -- say "updates" -- for update
announcements?

Because these are testing updates, not final updates.

Anyway, we're working on solutions to cut down the noise, like an rss
feed of updates announcements.

rss isn't convenient for everyone. My vote goes to a new list, initially populated with the members of this.

maybe for the future, the description for this list could include something like this text:

If you want to track and discuss testing package updates, then you might join fedora-test-updates too.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait