Re: Unsatisfied dependencies when mono removed

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Saturday 11 November 2006 23:11, Jim Cornette wrote:
If these packages do get pulled out during yum removal of mono, then
maybe they were residual entries from multi-version failures caused by
yum exiting abnormally through the life of this development
installation. (Started at FC6-pre). I might not have detected these as
multiple package entries since removal of mono via yum only took out the
rpms that were active dependencies for mono.

The yum remove mono I tested with did take out the "passive" deps as you call them, things depending on mono(foo).

With Charles going through the removal of mono via yum and it took out the mono dependent packages on his system, it must be particular to something other than whatever left the packages behind on my system.
Charles did an FC6 install and I was using an install started at FC6-pre.

Thanks for checking out if the problem is with the norm or particular to my installation. Sorry for the false alarm.

Jim
--
Schizophrenia beats being alone.