Re: yum -> rpmdb: Locker still has locks

Paul Dickson wrote:

[...]
You probably have about 67 multiple package entries in your rpm database due to the exit. Maybe it will be the other way, you will get three multi-version entries.

Actually there were no duplicate packages.  I checked before I did the
rebuilddb and only duplicate was ORBit-devel, which I removed.  I checked
again just now, and none.

It's great to know that you were not left with leftover entries from exited before finishing a yum transaction. Since you said you did an rpm --rebuilddb before the transaction, it must do a great job cleaning out bogus entries from the database. I misinterpreted the 3/70 and the [...] above. So it continued through to 70/70 after rebuilding the db before the transaction?

I'm tempted to believe it's the yum bug that's (randomly?) removing files.

There is that remove before performing an upgrade problem when the kernel is included in the transaction. I believe there are a few reports filed where the transaction did not include a kernel upgrade also.

I think that the rpmdb corruption is more package transactions freaking out rpm from expected practices. Though it might just be a bug recently introduced into the rpm package causing this also. Who knows for sure.

Jim

	-Paul

--
Never trust anyone who says money is no object.