Re: conflicting i86 and x86_64 in repo?

tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Last night I was updating my FC6t1 system that is an x86_64 box. I installed this
from the DVD iso and have always gotten updates since then by running pup.

I got conflicts last night that were complaining about some library being
needed by gnopernicus, so I did an rpm -q gnopernicus and found I had
two gnopernicus rpms installed,

Can you post the exact error?

both the same version, one i386 and one
x86_64. Usiing the --list option, I found both of them install many files
with the exact same name (no /lib versus /lib64), so it is hard to see how
both rpms could actually be correctly installed simultaneously.

Has pup screwed up at some point and installed i386 rpms when it should
have picked x86_64 ones? Have the repos gotten corrupted at some point?
Or is it really legitimate to have two conflicting rpms like this?

Yes. RPM multi arch support works that way.

Rahul