Re: firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Jeff

Let's recap. It sounds like Mozilla's updates are binary patches which won't work on Fedora's builds. It sounds like it's not a worthwhile task for Fedora to replicate Mozilla's efforts to provide updates...

We are NOT talking about user's extentions. Let me re-iterate, the
user-installed extentions updates should still work in fedora's
firefox build. Stop dragging the non-issue of user installed
extentions into this thread. You are only confusing yourself and other
potential readers.

When I update from Mozilla, it checks compatability of installed third party extensions. That's part of the value of the Mozilla update that you miss out on if you use rpm updates. In a worst case scenario I might use an rpm update and find that my 3rd party extensions have stopped working.

I'll ask again, is there a way to provide a smooth transition from the default Fedora Firefox to a Mozilla self updating one? The reason I'm asking is because I imagine a significant number of users might want to do that.

-Cam

--
camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 <--