Re: firefox update to 1.5.0.2 possible?

Jeff

Firefox's internal update mechanism is only useful if you get firefox
from mozilla directly. Fedora provided firefox rpms and the idea is
that you will use the fedora package management and update system to
get the firefox updates which fedora provides as fedora provides
them... ie yum or pup or whatever other rpm management tool you
prefer.

Is there a smooth way transition from Fedora Firefox to Mozilla Firefox and back again?

I'm thinking that users might choose to use plugins and extensions (from third parties), then might prefer to update using Firefox's update mechanism which does sensible things with plugins and extensions. Also the Mozilla Firefox update seems very kind on bandwidth compared to getting a new rpm.

I'm sure there are benefits to using Fedora Firefox - feel free to point them out.

-Cam

--
camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 <--