fc5t3 gnome power manager crash during yum update

While yum updating fc5t3 I got the kernel grubby crash (known) and also a popup that the gnome power manager crashed unexpectedly.

When I clicked "inform developers" in the gui, it told me the lists were out of date and offered to update them.

After updating the lists, another gui came up prompting me to select the component that crashed.

gnome power manager was not in the list.

[this is from memory, none of it is on my screen now].

--
SW