Re: Copy files to NFS directory loose time stamps

Paul Dickson wrote:

If I do a "cp -a" to a NFS volume, the resulting files have the current
time stamp.  Do I need to change my mount options or is this a kernel bug?

Current options in fstab: defaults,owner,rw,user,auto,hard,intr,exec

	-Paul

This is the way cp is supposed to work. to preserve the time stamp see the man
page on cp and look for the option --preserve

Scott