Re: fc5t3 gnome power manager crash during yum update

While yum updating fc5t3 I got the kernel grubby crash (known) and also a popup that the gnome power manager crashed unexpectedly.
A terminal launch shows:

*** WARNING ***
[main] gpm-main.c:196 (14:27:57): Unable to determine the address of the message bus
GNOME Power Manager has encountered a non-critical warning.
Consult http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=gnome-power-manager for any known issues or a possible fix.
Please file a bug with this complete message if not present
*** WARNING ***

** ERROR **: This program cannot start until you start the dbus session daemon
This is usually started in X or gnome startup (depending on distro)
You can launch the session dbus-daemon manually with this command:
eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`

aborting...

If I start up dbus as it suggests, gnome-power-manager will not crash.
This is poor error recovery - if I had not launched this from a terminal I'd have no idea what the problem was.
Also, during startup I got a pop up box saying:
"Cannot find or run the base session script. Running Gnome failsafe session instead." Then I got a message saying startup scripts will not be ran. I suspect this is the source of the problem above.

When I clicked "inform developers" in the gui, it told me the lists were out of date and offered to update them.

After updating the lists, another gui came up prompting me to select the component that crashed.
I would consider it a bug in itself that bug-buddy is not smart enough to select the component that crash itself.