Re: FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

goemon@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

goemon@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Though I am not a developer I already presented what I believe to be compelling arguments against it. Remember again that every feature has a associated cost.

is the cost of an 'everything' button really so unreasonably high?

Yes it is. https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg01138.html

not convincing at all...

this is a list of your rationales for removing it based on your assumptions of burden on end users, not a rationale that it is unreasonably high cost in code

We care about burden of end users.

i cant believe someone would say an 'everything' button is unreasonably high cost, then with a straight face say 'use kickstart'... :P

Then help improve kickstart or atleast tell us whats wrong about it.

so far it seems like almost everyone wants it back and you're the only one arguing for its removal. perhaps this should tell you something

Not by far. Many people do support me. Just because a few people are more loud doesnt make them right. Instead of lobbying for a feature blindly, just tell me what different use cases does a end user require a "everything" installation which doesnt support other repositories like Fedora Extras yet and cannot be everything anyway.

--
Rahul