Re: SELINUX file contexts FUBARed in fresh install?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

You are shooting the messenger there. You knew what security is.

I didn't mean it to be taken *too* negatively, of course I expect some pain, as I mentioned we have servers with FC3 so our learning started then ...

Eventually it will be transparent enough and provide additional security by default which is what we are shooting for.

I think transparency is a large part of issue, as an old "chmod 740" unix head, I'm quite happy with progress with owner/permissions tools like get/setfacl, pam/ldap and winbind, but so much of SELINUX seems to happen invisibly to users and to the kernel itself, it would be nice if there was a separate ESELINUX that could be reported.