Re: Not creating /dev entries at boot

Howard Johnson wrote:
Might be an idea for udev's Conflicts: kernel < 2.6 to be tweaked a bit
(ISTR kudzu got that treatment recently). OTOH as I suspect you're
compiling your own kernel, an rpm conflict might not do you much good
;-)

The funny thing is that the exact same version of udev runs quite happily on my other machine with a 2.6.12 kernel, *and* it was running quite happily on the sick machine until a couple of days ago.

*AND* I had not changed the kernel on the sick machine.

Quite the puzzler....