Re: How many FireFox 64bit users are there?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Justin Conover wrote:

I'm curious how many of the 64 bit os users out there, really need a 64bit web browser?

Is there any reason you couldn't live with a 32 bit one?

Can Fedora put firefox.i386 in the x86_64 tree, just like several other i386 rpms?

I realize adding it is pretty simple, I've done it for a long time. However with processors being realitivly cheap new users are buying the amd64 all the time and want to run a 64 bit os. We either turn around and tell them, go to mozilla.org <http://mozilla.org/> grab the package and install it else were ( can't find fedora bugs ) or cp your fedora.repo add i386 through it, and overlap a hole lot of packages, "have fun with that"....

I personally use one from mozilla.org <http://mozilla.org/> at the moment because I do need things like flash and plugins like that. Before you start whining telling me its closed source, my wife is a photorgrapher and her website has a lot of flash, I'm sure many of you can understand telling your wife no, can't go to your website because you used closed source flash would go over like a lead ballon ;) And its not just here site, I go to a lot of places that have flash and so do a lot of people.

Does open source solutions like Swfdec, Gnash and GPLFlash work for you?. If anyone packages these up, it might be worth checking out.

gnash does not build on x86_64
swfdec has no plugin
gplflash keeps crashing firefox