Re: gdm on latest rawhide

Russell Coker wrote:

On Thursday 05 January 2006 19:34, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Doesnt seem to be. It is not reported in bugzilla nor is it reproducible
in my system now.

I've just straced the gdm startup. It seems that gdmgreeter (which incidentally is not linked against libselinux) will SEGV repeatedly.

Rahul, do you have your rawhide system fully updated or just updated as of the last time "yum update" worked? On my system I ran a script to update every package that had it's dependencies met even through many packages (including everything related to Xorg and SSL) could not be updated due to dependencies. Therefore I've been seeing many bugs that no-one who just ran "yum update" would see.
I use the first script I have documented in the tips and tricks section in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum. gnome-applets and gnome-system-monitor does not update due to dependency issues with libgtop-2.0.so.0. GDM version is 2.8.0.4-31.1. I just cleaned yum metadata and tried again with no changes. SELinux targeted is enabled. gnome-volume-manager crashes on login but I havent noticed any other major issues. Anything else you want me to check?