Re: FC4t2 no good without LILO

Guy Fraser wrote:

Bull crap.

Everyone else probably gave up or found some other way around
the problem.

Why would I or anyone else enter a new bug report for a bug that is already duplicated a bunch of times. I am sure there are dozens of people who have the same complications that don't post duplicate bug reports.

With all the due respect, but did you *ever* programmed anything? Debugging any program without lots of data isnt very easy (I'd say it comes close to impossible , specially if you cant replicate the issue on your machine or any machine you have access to). Even if you provide duplicated data , you are probably helping to define a pattern that could show what the problem is.

I am willing to guess that like me many people have opted for booting off a drive attached to slower onboard PATA device, because that was the only way they could get there machine to run. Each time I installed a new drive or replace a drive with a larger one, grub would fail and it only reports a stupid *error number*. What good is that! Lookup the error number and all it meant was that it could not find a requested file, but gave no indication what file or device it was looking for the file on. Are you seriously going to tell me that only 5 people have got the arcane error number after changing a non boot drive?
Considering the number of different people that report bugs on bugzilla , I'm starting to believe that only those 5 people got that arcane error you mentioned... Btw , in which circunstances it happens?????

--
Pedro Macedo