Re: FC4t2 no good without LILO

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 05:23:48PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
So we have a package that is essential in some circumstances, that costs
next to nothing to maintain, and that takes up <0.1% of a CD's space.

You're missing a huge part of the picture. Having lilo the package (even
though as you note, it's not really maintained) might not be much, but it
requires a lot of complicated kludgy infrastructure in the installer, and in
mkinitrd, etc., and makes kernel updates very fragile.

what utter crap!
we always build our own kernels using the std makefile and the source from kernel.org, if you can compile a kernel then ur done either way, nothing else to do

--
Cheers
Res