Re: FC4T2 Worse Off

On 04/12/2005 11:22:25 PM, Herb kwan wrote:
Here are my impressions on FC4T2. This is purely from the heart of the end-user viewpoints:
FC4T2 is worse off. I am using Dell Dimension 3000 P4 HT 3.0Ghz.

Installation went through as easy as FC4T1 without problem, but...

1. Apache server (httpd cannot start)

What does the apache log say?
It starts fine for me.

4. Yum check-update is working but yum -y update is not working. A gpg public key is required. How do I get it?

Even if you import the public key (which is in /usr/share/doc/fedora- release-3.90/ and can be imported via

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3.90/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora- rawhide )

you would still have problems because not all packages are signed.
What you want to do is add the line

gpgcheck=0

to the end of

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-devel.repo

I do not have any problems with FC4T1 with the exception of Jetdirect print problem that I can't even print in FC4T2( as I reported previously it worked only after ignoring the test page garbage print.)

Why FC4T2 breaks things so terribly?

Hopefully we can find out so fc4 release will work for you better.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/