Re: MSI K8N Platinum/Diamond audio detection NEWS

Yes, I'm very sure it's a Live! 24-bit. It's even written on both the board, the drivers CD label and driver name in Windows. ;) As I said, the audio capture works fine with the latest kernel in FC3-updates, which is:

2.6.11-1.7_FC3

Here's the lspci output for the board:

00:11.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS
        Subsystem: Creative Labs: Unknown device 1006
        I/O ports at d400 [size=32]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

A screenshot of the volume control applet:
http://www.linux360.ro/~ovidiu/stuff/volume-applet.jpg

I've found yet another thing which doesn't work as it should: the OSS emulation. In XMMS, the OSS output is fine, but the mixer (/dev/mixer) is dead. And I've still got to figure out how to set that period parameter globally.

Cimmo wrote:

Hey are you sure you have a Live! 24 bit? Capture isn't supported for this card.
have you snd-ca0106 module for your sound card?

can you make a screenshot of your volume control?

thanx
Cimmo

--
Ovidiu Lixandru