Re: Is it possible to make Fedora load faster?

Alan Cox wrote:

The problem is they hammer the
I/O subsystem and the I/O on a desktop PC is completely incapable of sustaining
any kind of useful load. On a scsi box with decent disks you dont even notice
it.

are you saying that Fedora is unsuitable for ordinary desktops and (by extension laptops) unless they have scsi?

There are things that might help such as putting sleeps through these programs
so they will tick slowly through the process.