Stripped Symbols

I looked through the archives and couldn't see any threads that were
relevant so here I go...Should some debugging symbols be left in the
applications while they are in "test?"  I just ran into a case wherein I
would have to recompile quite a few things to get any kind of debugging
output.

Was this done due to space constraints or something?  Or are is this a
Q/A requirement that we test packages as they will be delivered to the
distribution?  Could seperate versions with symbols be available in
rawhide for this purpose?

Sean