Re: We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will stillfall short

On 03/23/2005 11:35:51 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> Problem is: yum does not know how to swap CDs so any front end will
have
> the same limitation.

Just out of curiosity, do you think not knowing how to swap CDs is
some
sort of permanent or unsolvable problem? Yum is not in a static state, adding capabilities, especially to the module is something we're doing
all the time.

I'd actually like to see that - I distribute a DVD that has a mirror of the current updates repository on it for people who do a fresh install and need to get the updates - it would be nice to offer it for CD based people.

Of course, DVD-ROM are pretty cheap, at least in the US. I think ~ $20.00 or so at some places. But it would be nice to have CD/DVD swapping to, like apt does (at least on Debian, I haven't tried apt on anything else)

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/