Re: 39 to 40 upgrades breaks yelp

On Wed, 2024-03-06 at 13:07 +1100, Ian Laurie wrote:
> On 3/5/24 9:09 AM, Ian Laurie wrote:
> >
> > zuke$ `GSK_RENDERER=cairo yelp`
> > I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
> > I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
> > I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
> > zuke$
> >

> > Atril brings up a blank yelp when you access help.
> >
> > My main concern isn't really yelp but rather what else may be broken
> > that I've not struck yet, particularly on the first system that shows
> > rather scary errors about missing stuff.
> Well this is interesting... If I XRDP into my account on zuke, yelp
> works in the XRDP session.  Just fails on the console.
>
> In VirtualBox, activating VirtualBox 3D mode in the display settings
> breaks yelp.
>
> Since yelp is a GNOME application this is starting to feel like another
> GNOME/Wayland breakage to me.

It has to be setup specific to some extent, yelp runs fine here (and in
openQA). VirtualBox having graphics stack issues wouldn't be the first
time that's happened, there is only a limited amount we can do about it
on the guest OS side.

The docbook errors relate to content, they have nothing to do with
failure to render. The problem is likely *somewhere* in the 3D
rendering stack, from mutter down to the kernel.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA