Re: Fedora 39 to 40 upgrade experience

On 2/16/24 4:20 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Before removing it, it would be useful if you could try and figure out
what pulled it in. Does anything suggests: or recommends: it, or does
it enhances: or supplements: anything else?

I'm going to need help wielding that sort of command line magic.

Meanwhile what I came up with:

dnf repoquery --recommends weston
dnf repoquery --enhances weston
dnf repoquery --suggests weston
dnf repoquery --supplements weston

All resulted in nothing.  I did not yet remove it, but I wanted to see
what would be removed along with it in case it provides a hint (this is
an Xfce workstation):

Removing
 weston
Removing dependent packages:
 initial-setup-gui
 initial-setup-gui-wayland-generic
Removing unused dependencies:
 aml
 anaconda-core
 anaconda-gui
 anaconda-tui
 anaconda-widgets
 blivet-data
 blivet-gui-runtime
 flatpak-libs
 freerdp2-libs
 initial-setup
 libblockdev-dm
 libblockdev-mpath
 libei
 liboeffis
 libreport-anaconda
 libseat
 libwinpr2
 libxcvt
 malcontent-libs
 neatvnc
 python3-blivet
 python3-blockdev
 python3-bytesize
 python3-iso639
 python3-kickstart
 python3-libmount
 python3-meh
 python3-meh-gui
 python3-pid
 python3-productmd
 python3-pwquality
 python3-pyparted
 python3-pyudev
 python3-requests-file
 python3-requests-ftp
 python3-simpleline
 python3-xkbregistry
 tecla
 turbojpeg
 weston-libs
 xorg-x11-server-Xwayland

A bit surprised to see anaconda on that list.

--
Ian Laurie
FAS: nixuser | IRC: nixuser