Re: [Proposal] Dropping YYYY-MM-DD from Test Day Page Title

On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 06:57 +0530, Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:
> Replying inline
>

> On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 10:30 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2023-03-02 at 15:43 +0000, Ahmed Almeleh wrote:
> > > +1 for the new release + milestone suggestion and dropping the date on
> > test
> > > pages

> > I don't see where this proposal was originally sent, so replying to the
> > reply. The wikitcms parser relies on the YYYY-MM-DD part of the title,
> > so if we change this I would have to rewrite the parser to handle two
> > different types of test day page, which is a pain. This affects the
> > `testdays` CLI tool - https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/testdays - which we
> > can use to generate info and stats on test days, and clean up long
> > comments and result templates.
> >

> So, I sent this to test. Nonetheless, I hear your concern. So, I am
> thinking when the
> test day/week are over. How about then we add the date and pass it through
> the testdays CLI tool.
> In that case, you don't need to maintain two different types of parsing
> methods and we can still
> have the test day owner create pages without the date and plan ahead of
> time. This way we get to keep
> both our stuff.. WDYT?

IIRC, when I used to want to create pages before the date was nailed
down, I'd just put placeholders in the date - 2023-XX-YY, or 2023-06-
XX, or whatever. Then change the title when we had the date decided.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA