Re: Make Flatpak support explicit

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 1:57 PM Brandon Nielsen via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Based on some discussion at today's blocker review meeting, I thought I
would take the temperature of the room for making Flatpak support
explicit in at least some of the criteria?

The biggest hammer would probably be adding it to the "Software types"
sub heading of "Installing, removing and updating software" for the
basic release criteria[0].

Hi Brandon. Given that we already install Fedora Flatpak remote by default (at least in Workstation), build some Flatpaks for Fedora packages, and GNOME Software even seems to default to install those, if both Flatpak and RPM is available, I believe Flatpak support is already covered by [0]. I'd be in favor of listing Flatpaks explicitly under "Software types" in that criterion.

Please note that it would only cover Flatpaks provided by Fedora. It wouldn't cover adding and using Flathub or similar repos. A separate criterion would be needed for those, if you intended to cover that as well.

Anyone else, thoughts on listing Flatpak explicitly in [0]?