Re: Proposal: revise "Default application functionality" final criterion to be clearer

On Tue, 2022-02-15 at 13:32 +0100, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 9:35 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > For all release-blocking desktop / arch combinations, the following
> > applications must start successfully and withstand a basic
> > functionality test:
> >
> > * web browser
> > * file manager
> > * package manager
> >

> Now that I've pushed our new package manager criterion live [1], I wonder
> if we should still keep it on the 'default functionality' list. What do you
> think, Adam? There's no harm functionally, the explicit criterion is a
> superset of this one. But there is duplication. On the other hand, it might
> confuse some people if a package manager is missing from that list. On the
> third hand, it might confuse them even more when it is on that list, but
> there's no 'default functionality' testcase for it, because there's a
> separate testcase (or several) for the explicit criterion :-) No hard
> feelings either way.

I've pushed the revised wording live now, thanks for the comments
everyone. I decided to leave 'package manager' in there for now; I
don't have a strong opinion about it either, but this is consistent
with 'web browser', which we also have separate criteria/test cases
for...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA