Re: Proposal: revise "Default application functionality" final criterion to be clearer

On Mon, Feb 7, 2022 at 9:35 PM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For all release-blocking desktop / arch combinations, the following
applications must start successfully and withstand a basic
functionality test:

* web browser
* file manager
* package manager

Now that I've pushed our new package manager criterion live [1], I wonder if we should still keep it on the 'default functionality' list. What do you think, Adam? There's no harm functionally, the explicit criterion is a superset of this one. But there is duplication. On the other hand, it might confuse some people if a package manager is missing from that list. On the third hand, it might confuse them even more when it is on that list, but there's no 'default functionality' testcase for it, because there's a separate testcase (or several) for the explicit criterion :-) No hard feelings either way.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_36_Final_Release_Criteria#software-install-remove-update