Re: gdm / gnome-shell segfaults on Raspberry Pi 3B+

On 4/23/21 2:28 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
[Snip]
If there is documentation or marketing that gives the impression that
Workstation on 32-bit ARM is some sort of
priority/"supported"/recommended/blocking/whatever environment, it
should be changed.

This particular bug also impacts aarch64, which led me down the rabbit hole of trying to figure out what is and isn't expected to work on a Pi.

The marketing[0] certainly implies to me armhfp is a main Fedora product even if it's not a blocker in QA terms, it's what all the "Desktop Computing" download links point to which has Workstation at the very top.

As noted, the other desktop environments work just fine. I plan on submitting a PR to the ARM landing page noting the 2GB RAM requirement for Workstation, similar to that which appears on the "regular" landing page[1] ("Fedora requires a minimum of 20GB disk, 2GB RAM, to install and run successfully. Double those amounts is recommended.").

[0] - https://arm.fedoraproject.org/
[1] - https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/