Re: Rawhide (F34) Workstation drop 0128

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 2:07 PM Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> See the 2 minute gap? There are a bunch of user services that didn't
> quit when SIGTERM was issued, for reasons we don't know. There is a 2
> minute timer at which point systemd issues a SIGKILL to everything
> that's part of the user session.

See also:
https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/163

If/when we see a systemd that kills things off in 20s or whatever it
ends up being, we'll need to do some testing to see if the solution is
worse than the cure. My concern are databases and VMs that don't
shutdown in time, including whether they will (or should) have a mechanism to
inhibit the reboot until they do properly shutdown. But so far there's
not much concern
about this by anyone else :D and we'll just have to see if it all
works out in the end.

--
Chris Murphy