Re: Blockerbugs discussion tickets feedback 🐞💬

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 08:29:52PM +0100, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:41 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Sometimes the ticket titles were not very informative, but thats more
> > the fault of the bug really.
> >

> Well, we can easily add e.g. the component the bug was proposed against at
> the time of the ticket creation. That would add a bit more context. I
> wanted to keep the ticket title and contents pretty light, because we don't
> have any infrastructure set up to keep the data synchronized. So if the bug
> title changes, we don't update it. The same would apply for the component,
> or release version, currently proposed blockers, etc. And my worry is that
> it might easily become confusing, if we show a lot of outdated information.
> We improved that situation at least a little by showing inline images in
> the ticket description that poll blockerbugs app and show whether the bug
> is open or closed and which trackers it has already been accepted/rejected
> with (unfortunately that image loads very slow due to
> https://pagure.io/pagure/issue/5012 ).
>
> We could add plumbing to update the mentioned data, but it's a lot of work
> and I'm concerned about reliability. The envision workflow was that you
> visit the ticket through blockerbugs web app, and so you already know most
> of the metadata from there. Of course if you sign up for new ticket
> notifications on the project itself, that's not the case, you're visiting
> the ticket directly. I'm just not sure if the cost/benefit ratio is good
> here for mirroring the data inside the ticket.

Fair enough. I think we can also try and edit titles to be more
descriptive if possible also. (On the bug side I mean)

> > Could there be some way to list what critera is being used in the initial
> > ticket?
> >

> I don't know how we could do that. It's true that sometimes people mention
> the criterion in Bugzilla while proposing the blocker, but it's a free-form
> text that we can't easily process. Also, often people don't mention any
> criterion when proposing this. And then people argue about the best
> criterion in the ticket. The arguing sometimes happens even if a criterion
> *was* originally proposed. So I don't know how to highlight it.

We could provide some kind of numbering/index on the wiki to refer to
things? then add a thing to the blockerbugs proposal form to include the
section/number of the critera. But I agree that would be work...

> > Is there any plans for a cleanup cycle? ie, now that f33 is out, close
> > out all the f33 tickets?
> >

> Yes, Lukas Brabec is working on it in
> https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/blockerbugs/issue/114

Great!

Thanks for the excellent feedback handling. ;)

kevin