Re: Blockerbugs discussion tickets feedback 🐞💬

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to know how well it worked, in your opinion.

It was fantastic. It definitely seemed to make the process faster and
the meetings smoother.

> So, please reply with anything that's on your heart regarding this topic. Here are a few suggestions of topics to think over:
> * Does it make sense to keep blockerbugs discussion tickets?
Yes

> * Does it make sense to keep blockerbugs IRC meetings?
Yes. For one, it's good to record the status of the async votes in the
meeting logs, and for two, some bugs are easier with live discussion.

> * What is your general opinion on discussion tickets, do you like it/dislike it/don't care?
I liked it. A lot.

> * Did you find any annoyances or have any pet peeves with discussion tickets?
I always forgot what the commands were.

> * What would you like to see improved in those discussion tickets or in their integration with Blockerbugs and Bugzilla websites?

What Adam and others have said, plus an expansion on "It'd be really
nice if the web UI showed the current vote counts from
the ticket.". Specifically, I'd like to see the IRC format include
something like

   # info Current vote in ticket is (+X,Y,-Z)

I included that by hand when I was running the meetings, but it'd be
nice to let the computer do it for me. Additionally, we might want to
include the names of people who voted and how. Not as certain if I'd
actually want that or not.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His