Re: Blockerbugs discussion tickets feedback 🐞💬

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 03:06:09PM +0100, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Hello,
> some of you used the Blockerbugs discussion tickets during the F33 cycle.
> I'd love to have your feedback on that functionality.
>
> As a refresher, those discussion tickets are available from the Blockerbugs
> website [1] after clicking on Vote/Discuss links, which forward you to a
> ticket available in the blocker-review project [2] on Pagure. In such a
> ticket, anyone can vote on blocker bug/freeze exception status of that
> particular bug (an example [3]).
>
> These discussion tickets were created to shorten our regular IRC blocker
> meetings and allow people to submit their opinions and votes outside of the
> meeting hours.
>
> *I'd like to know how well it worked, in your opinion.*

I think it worked pretty well...

> I'd like to learn whether these discussion tickets were a worthwhile
> addition to the blockerbugs process, and in case they were, then identify
> pain points, annoyances and bugs so that we can improve them.
>
> So, please reply with anything that's on your heart regarding this topic.
> Here are a few suggestions of topics to think over:
> * Does it make sense to keep blockerbugs discussion tickets?

yep. I think so.

> * Does it make sense to keep blockerbugs IRC meetings?

Yep. Again it seems like some bugs/proposals need more interaactive
discussion (not that I was any good at attending any of those this last
cycle or two)

> * What is your general opinion on discussion tickets, do you like
> it/dislike it/don't care?

I like them.

> * Did you find any annoyances or have any pet peeves with discussion
> tickets?

Sometimes the ticket titles were not very informative, but thats more
the fault of the bug really.

> * What would you like to see improved in those discussion tickets or in
> their integration with Blockerbugs and Bugzilla websites?

Could there be some way to list what critera is being used in the initial ticket?

Is there any plans for a cleanup cycle? ie, now that f33 is out, close
out all the f33 tickets?

> Thanks a lot for your thoughts. 🍪
>
> PS: You can also report bugs or request improvements anytime in the future
> at [4].
>
> Kamil

Thanks for putting all this together!

kevin