Re: F33 WS ISO checksum

On 10/28/20 11:44, Ankur Sinha wrote:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 11:21:07 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Are you saying that the warning message about the 19 lines is a don't care
or is their a problem with the way the checksum file is made? Does this mean
that the OK message that comes first is in error?

I guess you could call it a "don't care". That isn't completely accurate
though---sha256sum cares about all lines in the file, but if it they
don't fit the format it can understand it skips them and tells the
user. The format is explained in the man page: `man sha256sum`. It finds
the one line it does understand, uses it to verify the ISO and prints
"OK".

This is all expected. So, there is nothing wrong with the CHECKSUM file,
and there's nothing wrong with the output.

Try the GPG related steps listed here. Those are what the PGP signature
in the CHECKSUM file is for.
https://getfedora.org/en/security/

I'm guessing that those extra lines are data needed by a process that sha256sum calls (perhaps gpg), but sha256sum doesn't use them directly. Otherwise I have no idea what their purpose is.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)