Re: Proposal to Change: Testcase base service manipulation

On 4/16/20 16:48, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 13:57 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
It's not about interpretation or not, it's just about a preference for
this:

Test Steps
----------

1. Step 1
2. Step 2
3. Step 3

Expected Results
----------------

1. Expected result 1
2. Expected result 2
3. Expected result 3

versus this:

Test Steps and Expected Results
-------------------------------

1. Step 1
2. Expected result 1
3. Step 2
4. Expected result 2
5. Step 3
6. Expected result 3

Our current template really only handles the first style, if you want
to do the second style you have to do some kind of 'hack' like kparal
did. I'm just saying if the second style is clearly better for some
test, we should probably add an alternative template or tweak the
existing template to have a 'mode' which works better for that style.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think the second format would serve us
best.

1. Step 1
2. Expected result 1
3. Step 2
4. Expected result 2

This makes the test case easier to read with lower chance of confusion.

I think there are cases where each works better, there's no harm in
supporting both.

That's true

	Be Well and Safe

	Pat	(tablepc)