Re: Proposal to Change: Testcase base service manipulation

On 4/16/20 11:21, Adam Williamson wrote:

If we're gonna write test cases like that, we should probably just have
an alternative template, or an alternative "mode" for the template we
have. I don't like using a template which clearly expects the "Here are
the steps, and here are the expected results" format but actually uses
"Step 1, step 1 expected result, step 2, step 2 expected result..."
format. Writing templates isn't that hard, so I feel like that would be
nicer :)

We certainly have test cases where the results are open to interprettation and so the test case results could be centralized and allow for that interpretation.

We also have test cases where there are specific steps with specific actions that are required to produce specific results. An example is the Services Manipulation test case. In a tests like this, it has always served me well, to have the Expected Results for each step of the test case at the end of each test case step. This eliminates confusion over what the results for a step must be and so increases the accuracy of the test case results. In a test case like this, I don't think we want people interpreting the results.

Two templates might be the right thing to do. One for exact tests and one for tests where interpretation is or is likely to be involved.

	Stay Well Stay Safe

	Pat	(tablepc)