Re: Proposal to adjust final criterion for backgrounds

The approach the current criteria were intended to back was one where
we would have something like rawhide-backgrounds or development-
backgrounds which contained a background image that was very obviously
a WORK IN PROGRESS kind of thing - picture of Beefy with "PRE RELEASE"
written on it, or something like that - and this would be the
*permanent* default background for Rawhide. 'Final' backgrounds would
then be introduced for each release after it branched from Rawhide.
This would have the happy side effect that if we didn't get around to
doing anything by the Beta release, the Beta release would come out
with the 'development' background, which we figured would be OK for a
Beta, rather than with the same background as the previous release,
which isn't.

Aside from that one, the other advantage of this approach is that it
means you only have to do work in each release branch, you don't also
have to keep changing things in Rawhide.

That sounds good to me. I always found it confusing to have the prior release background in the pre-release of the next version. Rawhide deserves its own background and as you say it will make it obvious that it's a pre-release version.

	Stay Safe Stay Well

	Pat	(tablepc)