Re: sort of related to Rawhide

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 22:50:46 -0500
David <dlocklear01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't a clue what TrouSerS does, but looking at their
> website, it appears to have not had an update in 4 years.

rpm -qi TrouSerS

> So I would assume that the only way to change it to fc33, is that
> whoever is in charge of that package, has to recompile it or some
> other fancy thing, and not just rename and move it.

Yes, but it might be FTBFS (failing to build from source) and could be
removed in future if it is.

> I guess my next question, is what happens if I delete this package ?

run, as root,
dnf delete TrouSerS
and look at the output.  Are there any packages you need?  Press 'n'.

> so how do I find out if I need this package ?

The above should tell you.

> On a similar note, there is obviously still over half the files as
> fc32, and I know enough about Rawhide to know that is no big deal,
> and routine for most of the life of the cycle, or whatever it is
> called.
>
> Among those that are still fc32 is most of the qt5 stuff, and half the
> python3 stuff and
> all the cups stuff, are still fc32.     I assume this is why I still
> need "fedora32-workstation-repositories 32-3.no-arch."

Not really.  The new key for f33 is in that package, and that
package doesn't exist yet for f33; it is created at branching.

> Go ahead and tell me, that I should be using Fedora 32 Beta instead.

You should be using F32 beta instead.  :-)