Re: Testing impact of Red Hat office closure

On Mon, 2020-03-16 at 12:36 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:53 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > So our performance in these cases is likely to be severely
> > affected. This might prevent any "test this RC in 24 hours" efforts
>
> What do you think about pushing back the whole schedule one week? Or
> two weeks?
>
> Final freeze becomes, Tue 2020-04-14
> Preferred release becomes, Tue 2020-04-28

I don't see any point to this. It doesn't really guarantee we'll get an
RC any earlier with regard to the go/no-go, which is the key point.

> Additionally, seriously consider "RC required by" the Monday before
> Go/No-Go. Or even the Friday before? And if not, automatically add a
> week.

That might be of more use. Though I'm still not really a big fan of
writing up hard and fast rules here, I don't see the benefit - I'd
rather keep it more flexible, but just say that in general we're going
to have longer lag times from candidate availability to full test
coverage than we usually do (assuming WFH is still in effect at that
time) and other teams need to be aware of that.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey