Re: booting .iso image from fedoraproject.org

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:46 PM George R Goffe <grgoffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> This is EXACTLY what I'm seeing.
>
> I updated my system last night. There were a bunch of F33 pkgs... and gpg keys are out of sync now. SIgh...
>
> It seems that all the kernels I have are exhibiting this problem except for 5.6.0-0.rc1.git0.1.fc32.x86_64. Current kernels are:
>
> kernel-5.5.0-0.rc4.git1.1.fc32.x86_64
> kernel-5.6.0-0.rc1.git0.1.fc32.x86_64
> kernel-5.6.0-0.rc1.git2.1.fc33.x86_64
>
> It seems that the rescue system had similar problems.
>
> A question: Is the kernel where the I/O support for VTs is located? My problems seemed to be with the password prompt. I don't know what the code path is though.

I think it's agetty. But I don't know all the interaction between
systemd-logind, systemd-usersdb, plymouth, agetty, sssd, and pam. So
yeah, don't worry if you're confused.

I guess most QA folks at this time will wait for the branching dust to
settle, and then either clean install Fedora 32 when there's a new
test image announced; or switch to branched *before* doing a dnf
update on Rawhide. If you do a dnf update while on Rawhide, following
branching, you'll stay on Rawhide which means changing to fc33.

--
Chris Murphy