Re: Fedora 32 / Fedora 33

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:20 PM David <dlocklear01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Mr. Young.
>
> That is what my update did.
>
> Is there something that I can do on my end to install the F33 key ?

It'll be installed automatically

 fedora-gpg-keys                                  noarch
   33-0.1                                               rawhide
          102 k

You'll get a prompt before the first fc33 package is installed to
confirm the import of the key.

Ordinarily you can confirm the keys by checking fingerprints at
https://getfedora.org/security/

The signing key for Rawhide is different from fc32. This is what I get.

$ gpg2 /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-33-primary
gpg: WARNING: no command supplied.  Trying to guess what you mean ...
pub   rsa4096 2020-01-28 [SCE]
      963A2BEB02009608FE67EA4249FD77499570FF31
uid           Fedora (33) <fedora-33-primary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> My opinion, on matters of Rawhide are irrlevant, but it would seem to me that the procedure for updating on Day# 1 of the branch-off is flawed, as my research has shown this happens every version, on Day#1.   Meaning, I think that on Day # 1 of the switch to F33, that less packages should be installed - maybe just the kernel.   Or at least include notes as to what a user updating to F33 should do.

In theory, nothing. The gotcha is that staying on Rawhide means at
branch time you've opted in to being switched over to the next Fedora.
And in practice it's not just one switch being flipped that causes
everything to instantly happen, but a several day process that can
sometimes be messy for reasons that aren't always predictable. One of
which is that it takes time for the mirrors to sync.

--
Chris Murphy