Re: Proposal: Asynchronous blocker review process (using Pagure)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 08:13:48 -0800
Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-11-28 at 13:29 +0100, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > What are your thoughts? Does the proposal sound reasonable? Would
> > you change something? Would you use a different backend system?
> > Have I forgotten something important? Feedback welcome.
>
> So overall I agree with a lot of what you wrote. It does cause me to
> wonder if writing some kind of plugin/extension for Pagure, or just
> writing the functionality into the blockerbugs app, might possibly be
> *less* work than writing and maintaining the 'blocker bot', however.
> My other concern would be that if we use something other than the
> blockerbugs app or Bugzilla, we now have *three* different systems
> involved in the blocker review process - Bugzilla, the blockerbugs
> app, and the discussion system. That seems like a lot of moving parts
> to keep synchronized.
>
> Thanks for working on this!

Has anyone poked at scoping out the work required for either the bot or
the enhancements we would need for pagure?

It might be interesting to look at porting the blockerbugs app to
django if we can make use of some existing django plugins. In the past,
I would have hesitated to do this because of the packaging requirements
and the amount of fun that plugin ecosystems can present but we're
going to have to move to openshift sooner than later which makes the
prospect of using something like Django a lot less daunting.

Tim