Re: Upgrade F30-->F31 failing. Were to get more info?

On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 18:12 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 10/17/19 5:08 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 10/18/19 7:49 AM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> > > That is the symptom of the problem.  Did you get the updated plugin?
> > > One thing I wondered is what would happen if you manually added the
> > > "missing" rpms to the cache directory after the regular download
> > > process was complete.  It should work.
> >
> > Yes.  Got that and did the module reset.
> >
> > python3-dnf-plugin-system-upgrade-4.0.7-1.fc30.noarch
>
> Adam, is that the right version?  It is the latest build.  If so, it
> wasn't a complete fix.  If there's a problem, it should be detected
> during the download process.  Somehow it's still coming up with a
> different transaction after reboot.

I might need more logs from your case to be sure of what's going on -
if you could put the dnf logs and system journals up somewhere it'd
help. Also, did you re-run the download phase after updating the
system-upgrade plugin? You do need to do that...

The change I put in last week fixes the case I diagnosed, but I mean
it's still possible there's some other case where the transactions come
up different for sure. Will need data to figure it out though.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey