Re: proposal: move "image size" criterion from Beta to Final

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 1:11 PM Julen Landa Alustiza
<jlanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We should block on them until we stop supporting them.
>
> But does not wks live size impact on ram usage? 4.7GB may be way too much on this case

Good point.

*Fedora requires a minimum of 10GB disk, 1GB RAM, and a 1GHz processor
to install and run successfully.
https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/

However, there's a couple open tickets to change this:
https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/76
https://pagure.io/fedora-websites/issue/968

The way the LiveOS works right now, it is fairly RAM and CPU intensive
compared to an ordinary file system. But it's mostly a CPU hit. If the
system has 2GiB or less RAM, upon launch Anaconda will activate swap
on ZRAM device at 1:1 ratio. Effectively it's like having a system
with 3 GiB of RAM. That's doable for Live environments.

--
Chris Murphy