Re: Proposing new release criteria

On Lùna 29, 2019 aig 10:33:09m -0400, sgrìobh Dusty Mabe:
> I don't know the formal process for proposal but here is a shot at a bare minimum
> start for trying to add containers to the existing release criteria. This is a suggestion
> after we found podman can't pull containers from a registry in f31 [1].
>
> New section for Containers and Container tools:
>
> - A Fedora system can install the podman container runtime
> - The podman container runtime can pull/run a container from Fedora's registry as root
> - The podman container runtime can pull/run a container from Fedora's registry as a non-root user
>
> As for the container I'd suggest the previous fedora release's container (i.e. f30 for f31).

Is Podman are only officially supported container runtime?

What about, say, Docker?

As for which container(s) should be runable, I'd think the criteria
should mirror the current virt criteria, e.g., self hosting, and as a
container-on-previous-release.  I also reckon we should mirror the
virt criteria when it comes to a runtime, and 'recommend' a runtime
rather than require a specific one.

--
Tapadh leabh,
Mairi Dulaney.