Re: Update to last minute blocker bugs proposal (Rev:07242019)

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 8:04 PM Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> # '''Last minute blocker bugs''' - bugs proposed as blockers 7 days or
> fewer before the scheduled [[Go_No_Go_Meeting]] for a milestone release
> (Beta or Final) can be considered under this policy, as there are some
> circumstances in which we believe it is not sensible to delay an
> otherwise-impending release to fix a bug which would usually be
> accepted as a blocker if discovered earlier. In these circumstances,
> the bug can instead be accepted as a blocker for the ''next'' milestone
> release.
> # '''Difficult to fix blocker bugs''' - bugs which it may not be
> practical to fix within a reasonable time frame for the release to be
> made (due to e.g. complexity or resource constraints)

Are these collapsible? That is, ostensibly the reason to trigger a
last minute blocker bug exception, would be that it can't be fixed in
say, 12 hours. Right? So chances are it's somehow difficult to fix, or
possibly difficult to fix and test (perhaps mainly for regressions).

A "difficult to fix and confidently test within remaining time
constraints" single category and exception?

--
Chris Murphy