Re: List of files in f31 repositories that fail to install.

On Mon, 2019-06-10 at 03:54 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Thanks , I don't have rawhide installed
>
> for example :   - nothing provides jchardet needed by eclipse-m2e-core-
> 1.11.0-1.fc31.noarch
>
> and jchardet was retired on 2019-04-01 [1] which is bad
>
> [1]
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/jchardet/commits/master

I've been told that this is actually how the process is 'meant to work'
- when packages are retired due to being orphaned for too long, their
dependencies are not automatically retired at the same time. The idea
is apparently that things downstream might be able to adjust their
dependencies to keep working, so we shouldn't retire them right away.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey