Re: List of files in f31 repositories that fail to install.

Thanks , I don't have rawhide installed

for example :   - nothing provides jchardet needed by eclipse-m2e-core-
1.11.0-1.fc31.noarch

and jchardet was retired on 2019-04-01 [1] which is bad

[1]
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/jchardet/commits/master

On Sun, 2019-06-09 at 19:45 -0700, stan via test wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 02:20:50 +0100
> Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2019-06-09 at 17:54 -0700, stan via test wrote:
> > > I had occasion to install many packages from f31 today.  The
> > > large
> > > majority of them installed successfully, but the packages in the
> > > attached file didn't.  There are 411 of them, which is few for as
> > > many
> > > packages as there are in Fedora.
> > >
> > > I'm curious why the same mechanism that dnf uses on install on a
> > > pc
> > > couldn't be used in the build process.  When someone submits a
> > > build, wouldn't it be possible to see if it would break the
> > > existing state, and ask the submitter if they would like to build
> > > the dependencies with
> > > their new package?  Too complex?
> >
> > Can you send results with `dnf install -b yourpackages ` please ?
> >
> > to have some clues .
>
> It's a bash file that runs dnf.  The files are listed inside.  All
> you
> have to do is edit the command line to change -y --skip-broken to
> -y -b, and you can run it using bash and see the results on your
> system
> if you have rawhide installed.  That puts you in control of the
> output.
>
> I've also attached the file.
Sérgio M. B.