Re: Last minute blocker bugs

Lukas Ruzicka <lruzicka@xxxxxxxxxx> igorleak hau idatzi zuen (2019 mai. 14, ar. 10:39):
I have suggested the quorum, but we can still discuss the exact numbers (mine were just examples). Besides, the votes do not have to come from people present in one particular IRC meeting, but
  • votes could be recorded in all such meetings (blocker bugs meeting, go-nogo, ...)
  • votes could be casted in Bugzilla and IRC presence does not need to be required.
The most important thing is, the majority agrees, not that we need to organize voting every time we meet.

Lukas

But we are talking about last minute blockers so potentially they'll be discussed just on one meeting (latest blocker-review or GO/No GO) and we will not have a big time window for BZ voting.

I agree that the waiving should be agreed by a good majority, but I would prefer bot having any special quorum requeriments.

Scenario: Go/NO-Go is running and kparal finds a last minute bug. We don't have time for BZ voting, nor we can't wait for quorum. We need to agreed a decision during the running meeting, either waiving or blocking or it. Well, I would go with standard discuss, vote & agreement process, nothing special.

Otherwise we will finish just autoblocking on all last minute bockers waiting for quorum, so waiving will not be possible.