Re: Packages that are failing dependencies or blocked by other packages in rawhide / F28

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 12:33 -0700, stan wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 12:56:14 -0600
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Composes are not suceeding very often. The latest was on the 20th.
> > You can use:
> > dnf distro-sync --best --allowerasing
> > to try to update your system. This will remove some packages that you
> > might not want to remove right now, so review the list before telling
> > the command to continue.
> > Otherwise an update will update as much as can be now without
> > removing things and eventually the conflicts should be resolved.
> > If you really need for something in particular to get updated there
> > may be other options, but generally you don't want to go down those
> > paths.
>
> Thanks.  My system is working fine, and there are no urgent security
> concerns that I'm aware of.  I'll just wait for things to resolve.  I
> was only concerned that there was something wrong at my end causing the
> problem.

No, it's nothing on your end. Just hang tight while we try and get
composes going again. Then there'll probably still be some dependency
issues to clean up from various big soname bumps that have happened in
the mean time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey